Anyone who routinely
stretches their physical limits through exercise, strength training
and aerobics can benefit from massage. There are others who do
strenuous activities not classified as exercise. Examples include
mothers with small children, gardeners, laborers, trade people
and others who stress their body in daily life. Incorporating
massage into your conditioning program has many benefits. Massage
therapy helps get the body into good shape, thereby promoting
faster recovery from muscle strain.
1. Reduces anxiety,
lowers stress levels and lowers cortisol levels, all of which
2. Decreases muscle pain, spasms, and some types of headaches.
3. Stimulates lymphatic flow.
4. Increases blood circulation and venous return of blood to the
5. Decreases production of stress hormones.
6. Helps decrease the heart rate.
7. May improve joint function.
8. Serotonin levels increase, promoting a sense of well being.
9. Improves posture.
10. Stimulates removal of waste products from cells.